Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Day Lily



This is the Day Lily block from Jen Kingwell's Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt.  I was really dreading the y seams. However, the center of the block turned out to be much more difficult. There was just too much bulk for my machine. I had a hard time getting everything to match up, but somehow, it all worked out!


Here's how the block started. I had to make 3 of these little blocks. I was worried about those side y seams but they were no problem at all. I think they're quite gentle as far as y seams go.


This is the block without the added triangles to square it up. I'm trying to brighten up the quilt. Jen Kingwell's quilt has lots of newspaper print background fabric as well as darker fabrics. I'm opting to cheer it up! I have plenty from my stash to choose from!

This quilt is worked in 4 sections. I'm almost done one section. I'm taking my time since some of these blocks are hand pieced. It's nice and relaxing!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The bright fabrics are older Kaffe Fassetts. I love those shades!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! It looks good now but it took awhile!

      Delete
  3. WOW! Rosemary this is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous block. you have done a fabulous job with it. going to be a pretty quilt for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment! This is a fun quilt but I'm hoping to make it brighter than the original. Just trying to use my scraps!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...