I have finally finished quilting Tone It Down from American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. It was a quilt along but I started it late and worked on it when time permitted. Once the top was complete, it took me awhile to figure out how to machine quilt it. I knew I wanted quilt feathers in the rectangular sashing but had no idea of what else to do. Each block is made up of so many pieces that I had to make a little road map so that I'd remember what to quilt in each area.
Here's a couple of closeups to give you an idea of what designs I ended up quilting.
I used rulers a lot. I also made dots and connected them with lines to make specific designs. I tried not to mark too much. I did mark each feather spine using an air soluble marker.
I'm already thinking ahead to the binding. Here's the fabric I bought. I thought it would be a fun way to frame/end this quilt.