Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Farmgirl Vintage All Quilted!
I just finished binding Farmgirl Vintage. So happy about this! I feel the borders were so much faster to quilt than the individual blocks. I really love the way this quilt turned out.
This is a close up of the last 3 borders. I had originally thought I would quilt curved swags around the edge of the last border. I marked 5 inch semicircles around the edge of the last border. This measurement made the swags very even around the edge. After marking them, I decided I didn't really like the idea. Instead, I made the semicircle act as the stem for feathers.
I quilted the feathers and then marked parallel lines from the feathers to the quilt edge. The lines were marked 1 inch apart alternating with 1/4 inch lines. This seemed to complement the feathers the best to me.
I treated each corner with the same 1 inch alternating with 1/4 inch but meeting at the miter all the way to the corner.
And the quilt is complete! I'm starting to sew down the binding. I love this part since it means one project is complete! I'm already getting the backing ready for the next quilt I'll be quilting. That will have to wait until my next post!
I just about forgot Scrap Vortex. I started this project months ago. I went through all my scraps and finished the first part. It took ...
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
Here's the Mystery Quilt final reveal! I finished it yesterday. I'm having some work done at my house so it was the perfect opp...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...