Sunday, August 14, 2016
Like most quilters, I have a few projects going. I'm working on hand piecing these hexagons for the Jen Kingwell quilt, Sweet Tea and Green Beans. Each side measures one inch. I copied the template onto freezer paper which I then ironed to the wrong side of the fabric. I basted the seam allowance down. I need to make 38 total. It will make one block that will measure 15" X 8.5" finished.
I made these lace socks for the daughter of a friend. She's 4 years old. These socks were nice and quick due to their size. I was thinking of making another pair for my friend so they would have matching socks!
I thought you'd like to see the progress I've made on the borders of Farmgirl Vintage. I made the circles in the first border. I stitched around each of the red flying geese. I made a little fleur de lis in the light areas of the flying geese. I have 2 sides left.
This picture shows how I marked little dots on the bottom of the first border. That was to help me to space the circles evenly. The dot at the top of the border was a reminder of where to place the small circles that alternated. It worked very nicely. I read that somewhere so I can't take credit for that little trick!
The borders are going so fast! I've already ordered backing for Arcadia Avenue. That's the next quilt I plan on quilting. I always seem to have 3 quilt tops to quilt. Hoping to get that number to zero!
I finally started machine quilting the scrap quilt I made a little while ago. It took me forever to decide what to do with that border....
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...