Friday, December 16, 2016

Scrappy Quilt Top Finished!

Image may contain: indoor

My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally planned to put a black strip around the whole quilt and then some striped fabric for a wider border. I just didn't like that idea once I had the quilt top done. 

No automatic alt text available.

I didn't use black in the border at all. As you can see in this close up, I used a dark grey. I kept this one strip on for about a week. I just wasn't sure where I wanted to go with this. 


Image may contain: indoor

I felt the dark color was too dull of an ending for this quilt. That's what made me decide to add the pink. I thought a thin strip would add some color and really frame this quilt very nicely. I'm glad I took my time with this border. It looks so much better with that shot of color in the border.


12 comments:

  1. I was interested in seeing how this quilt would turn out. I love it, and I totally agree, the border is perfect, with the strip of pink in it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kat! So nice to hear you like the border too! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. cute little quilt and yes that pink added just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawnieq! I'm glad I took my time with that border. Did you get snow today? I had to work at 7 and the roads were awful.

      Delete
  3. Yes, love it! Just black might have been too black. The pink strip gives a nice accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin! I thought it needed something too! Glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. The perfect finish. That border so fits the center piecing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen! Nice to know you like it too! Makes me feel better about it!

      Delete
  5. I think the dark border is just right, and love the way you've set those blocks diagonally across the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice Rebecca, the border finishes the quilt off very nicely :-)

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...