Thursday, December 8, 2016

Baby Quilt




Aren't these the sweetest fabrics?? The fabric line is Old New 30's Origami Squares by Lecien Fabrics. I'm making a baby quilt and I thought these fabrics would just be perfect. I bought a layer cake and made 9 patches. I found the middle of my 9-patch in both directions and cut away! I'm using a pattern from Quilt in A Day called Piece of Cake.


This is the pattern I'm using. I made 12 blocks for the youth sized quilt. It will actually be large for a baby quilt but hopefully it will be used as the baby gets older.

I bought a solid baby pink for the sashing. I forgot how fun it is to make a baby quilt. It's so nice to be working on an easy project for a change.


4 comments:

  1. I love this idea. A friend showed one made like it at a retreat. Love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie! I had to get that fabric as soon as I saw it! I love this pattern. It's so fast!!

      Delete
  2. so sweet and yes love your fabrics too. I may need to try this. have seen them all over the place and you know I have a ton of those 5 inch charms that Jenny Doan pushes me to buy **wink***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear that you like it! Those people that make us buy fabric can be so persistent! We just have no choice!! Haha!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...