Monday, November 28, 2011

Blogger's BOM #3 and a finish!

The weekend was rather busy with the kids here. My brother and his wife also had Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house. It was a very nice time. Great food and great company! However, not too much time left to quilt or knit. But I did manage to get a few things done.



I chose these fabrics while trying to work on a Christmas wall hanging. That's not even close to being done yet. You'll see that another time. I chose 2 Kaffe Fassett fabrics as well as my usual background. I didn't have a striped fabric so I chose a marbled aqua.


 I really like the result. My kids both said they liked it too! That's always a good seal of approval! I still have to square it up.

While my kids were home, I thought it would be a good idea to finish the lace cowl since I made it for my daughter. So I blocked it and gave it to her to wear.




It was great fun to make and I love how it looks on her. Her boyfriend liked it too! That means she'll wear it often.

I've been shopping all morning since it is Cyber Monday. I'm almost done shopping for both kids. I love when they give me a list nice and early. Not sure what to get my husband. So hard to decide. I think I'll go work on my dad's socks. I'm almost done the second sock of one pair and then I have another pair to go. Holidays are so busy!!










3 comments:

  1. Hey Rosemary, Your BOM is looking great. I will try to finish mine here soon. Thanks for stopping by .. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment and following! I love how your block turned out! The lace cowl you knitted is gorgeous and love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lacy cowl! Looks so pretty on her!

    -Marlene

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...