Monday, March 30, 2020

Desperate Times Desperate Measures

No photo description available.

My hairdresser is closed so I missed my appointment. I wasn't sure what to do. I'm so lucky! My salon is selling kits so you can color your hair at home. I get the same color that I love and the quality that I'm used to. The kit is in this picture. They even wrote the directions for me so I couldn't goof it up!
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and indoor

I got my daughter to apply my color for me. It took a few hours. I should have tipped her but I forgot! My hair looks like I really did just go to the hairdresser!

No photo description available.

I'm cutting fabric to start sewing a quilt but my longarm has been quiet. I ordered some wide backing fabric for Carolina Chain. I got it in the mail today. I got something totally different than the scrappy front. I bought this fabric full of kitties! I just love it! I'm going to wash it and iron it. I can't wait to load my quilt! It's been difficult to get motivated during this time. Everything just feels so strange right now. I'm hoping quilting and keeping busy will help me through this. 



8 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea for those who have someone to help apply the color. I cut hubs hair yesterday and took some off the top on mine. I used to be a hairdresser but let my license go a while back. The new styles with buzz cuts i would have to learn anyway. I used to cut my own hair all the time using mirrors. Lol do not do this at home folks ha ha good thing it is forgiving and grows back. Hmmmm now wheres that wig??? Hee hee. Just kidding. I look half normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky that you know what you're doing. My daughter had fun coloring my hair. I'm so glad to have my hair look normal again!

      Delete
  2. Nice that your daughter could do your coloration;)))
    I will be cutting hubs' hair in another week--he is a brave man! I do trim my own bangs, but my own hair is really long--shoulder length now--gosh will I be sitting on it before this is over?
    The new normal, I guess..love love love that kitty fabric--
    I may have to get some for myself...stay safe now
    ~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hair color actually made me feel better! I hope we go back to normal soon. This is too much! Waving right back at you!!

      Delete
  3. A very nice and smart idea to offer salon color kits!
    I hope the quilting helps! Knitting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gwen, my hair looks so much better! I think hobbies do help us through this time. I've been reading a lot too. Anything to escape!

      Delete
  4. A very enterprising hairdresser and lucky you that you have your daughter at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really needed that color! I'm okay for 6 weeks. Hope things are better and they can open by then!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...