Thursday, March 19, 2020

I Like Thursday #43

Image may contain: text

We're in a strange time right now. I'm thankful for anything that takes my mind off of coronavirus and all it encompasses. I saw this little saying and found it comforting. I'm not a big fan of organized religion but I do have beliefs I live by. So when it gets to be overwhelming, pray! I feel my anxiety level decreases when I say a few prayers. I hope it works for you too!


Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

I'm looking for a diversion right now. I'm so glad I have a lot of books in my house. Between my e-reader and the books I own, I can keep my mind otherwise occupied! It's a bit messy but I don't care! It's well used!

No photo description available.

Of course, sewing and quilting are my best diversions! I made this pincushion a few years ago. I leave it close to where I sit when I watch television. It was a free pattern online. You can find the tutorial here

Image may contain: possible text that says 'GENERAL HOSPITAL'

Just between you and me, I still watch General Hospital! My mother always watched it. When I went away to college, we would all pile into someone's room to watch. It's one of my guilty pleasures!

That's my likes for the week. It's been a weird week but we'll all get through this together. Wash your hands and stay healthy! Don't forget to go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more positive and upbeat posts! 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! General Hospital!! Oh my, that takes me back. I used to watch All My Children and Sue watched GH, and we both kind of watched the one that was on in between. I didn't know it was still on! Enjoy those book - I love to read. Stay healthy and safe. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That in between soap was One Life to Live! I miss the old soaps! General Hospital is fine for now. Stay healthy!

      Delete
  2. I have fond memories of sitting with my grandmother watching The Young and the Restless. She got teased a lot about her fondness for that show.
    Yes, we are all doing our part now to flatten the curve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works, Jocelyn! Be careful and stay safe!

      Delete
  3. Pretty bookcase. I agree praying helps the anxiety. Cute pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Any diversion is helpful right now!

      Delete
  4. General Hospital! It's still on? I loved that. lol Have fun keeping busy and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's one of the few soaps still running. It's a nice diversion! Stay safe!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...