Thursday, March 26, 2020

I Like Thursday #44

Image may contain: tree, plant and outdoor

Welcome to this week's version of I Like Thursday. It's a little difficult to find the positives during this time. I think we can still find them. We just have to dig a little deeper. I did notice my lilac bush is starting to bloom! Spring is here! Sort of! We had a snowstorm that dumped close to 5 inches a few days ago. But still, the weather is definitely improving.

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

It's in the mid-50's right now. I went out on my deck and couldn't help but notice the sky's beautiful shade of blue. As much as I love pink, this shade of blue is one of my favorites.

Image may contain: table and indoor

Since I'm stuck in the house more, I have started cleaning a few things. I collect miniature tea sets. They needed to be dusted although they're in a china cabinet. I like having an excuse to touch them! They remind me of all the times I made my brother play "tea party" with me!

40245700

I'm reading a lot lately. I just finished this book this morning. I love World War II historical fiction. This book is suspenseful and most of it takes place right in Boston. I highly recommend it!

That's it  for this week. I hope we get some better news soon. I'm hoping to be able to work from home soon. I would love not to be exposing myself at the hospital. We'll see! Go take a peek at LeeAnna's blog which you can find here. You'll find more fun posts to read!

14 comments:

  1. Our trees are setting buds in a reddish early Spring color...they look so pretty at sunset. I made 5 out of 11 masks for my family today Phew am now getting the "hang" of it..not really my forte in sewing, but needs must right? hope you will be able to work from home...stay vigilant hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It's so difficult to log in from home from my laptop. I'm bringing it into work tomorrow hoping the computer people can work their magic.

      Delete
  2. I like your tea sets and how nice to have time to clean them. I went looking for the book, I put a hold on it. Outside no matter what is going on in the world, especially sunshine and blue sky makes a lot of things better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I think you're so right! We have to look for those little things to get through this!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! Oh, I used to collect miniature tea sets as a young girl. Until our house was broken into and the robber broke all of them and my piggy bank! How mean. The piggy bank I could see (although I was sad because I liked that pig) but why the tea sets?!! Anyway, I would love to dust them once just to enjoy them. Thanks for sharing them with us! Stay safe and healthy. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseanne, so mean they broke the tea sets! They're so cute! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing mine! Stay home and stay healthy!

      Delete
  4. Those tea sets are cute! I hope you get to work at home soon. I hope you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My computer is all set! I'm hoping I can work from home soon.

      Delete
  5. Hope you get to work from home.this virus is nasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Dawn! I got my computer all set up. I just need to get my schedule now!

      Delete
  6. Such cute tea sets! They made me very happy today! I hope you get to work from home soon! My baby brother is a pharmacist too and unfortunately, it appears he now has the virus. Stay safe dear Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,Michele, I hope your brother feels better soon. The whole hospital has to wear masks starting Monday. This is so crazy! Let me know how your brother is doing.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous tea sets. Thanks for showing them. I love looking at China and food. Kudos for sewing face masks and I think your daughter has your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! Those two masks too most of the afternoon! I'm glad her friend appreciated them.

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...