Thursday, March 5, 2020

I Like Thursday #41

No photo description available.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to post today. I've had a cold for the last few days. I've been sitting on the couch trying to knit and read hoping I'd feel better. I guess it worked since I feel so much better than this morning. I never had a fever or a cough. I think it was just the common cold. That's a good thing since I have to work tomorrow. While I was trying to have a quiet day, I washed a few of the fabrics in my Star Storm quilt kit. I can only wash a few fabrics at a time since each piece of fabric is marked with a piece of paper showing exactly where that piece goes in the quilt. I've never seen that before. What a great idea!!

No photo description available.

While sitting on the couch, I've used this light many times. It just gives extra light where it's needed! There are 3 settings. It comes in very handy!

No photo description available.

Of course, the eye doctor calls today to inform me my contact lens have arrived. I wasn't planning on going anywhere today. My husband went to get them for me during lunchtime. I'm looking forward to using them! They're so comfortable! I've been using contact lens since I was 16. I'm not used to wearing eye glasses except when I'm home. 

Image may contain: drink and indoor

I had never tried Prosecco before. I've heard it mentioned in many books I've read lately. Last time we went out, I tried it! It was very good! I'll have it again. It's a little bit fizzy but has a nice taste!

That's it for me this week. I'm so glad I could get my I Like Thursday posted today! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and positive posts! 

21 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics. Glad you are feeling better. LOL a story I was reading they were drinking Prosecco too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! They made Prosecco sound so fancy! I just had to try it too!!

      Delete
  2. Lots of fun likes.glad you are feeling better. Our house has the flu. Dr says she doesnt think THE coronavirus. Hubs says we have the Heineken version lol. It doesnt feel very special at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flu is miserable no matter what type it is. I hope you both feel better. Stay home and rest!!

      Delete
  3. Pretty fabrics--I've never seen that before either...very exact instructions;))) Glad to hear you are feeling better..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! There are so many awful bugs out there. I figure an old fashioned cold wasn't too bad!

      Delete
  4. Interesting, those tags on the fabrics. Should be helpful and esp. for someone like me. Sorry you had a cold but your immune system seems to have fought it off well. Light is very important for me and nothing tests me more than doing the cross stitch. I have a little desk top that goes with me, literally. I have read and heard about Prosecco everywhere it seems and been curious about it. I have a sensitivity to wine...I wonder is this something I could drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt kit is very precise! I think Prosecco would be okay for you. It reminds me more of champagne but not as fizzy.

      Delete
  5. Hope you are feeling even better today! Never saw tags on fabric like that before, interesting! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I went to work today so I'm pretty much back to normal!

      Delete
  6. moscato is good too. I think a glass of sparkling wine might just help with colds, what do you think? The marked fabric is a grand idea! Very good kit maker! I had a cold that didn't start with fever and didn't leave me with a lingering cough, around Christmas... what a relief to not cough for a month! You must have been knitting medicinally! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about knitting helping me! I think alcohol usually helps with colds. It probably makes you sleepy enough to rest more!

      Delete
  7. I've never tried prosecco either but we were just talking about it last night at knit night! I'll have to get some. I hope you feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosemary! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. It's not fun being sick for any reason. I've never had Prosecco before either but it sure look worthy of a try. I don't really drink too often - just a glass a wine once a year or so. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I don't drink too much either. It's fun every once in a while!

      Delete
  9. I can see myself in a tunic made out of that blue fabric. :-) A couple months ago I had something similar to what you're describing. I couldn't figure what it was either, cold or flu. Whatever it was, I stayed home and took it easy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria Findlay Wolfe designs great fabric as well as patterns! My sickness is completely gone. I feel a lot better now!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for linking up to the Rulerwork Linky, Rosemary. The link did not work for me so I had to do some detective work to figure out who that was, but got there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karin, I had the hardest time linking up! The photos on my blog posts have disappeared so I had to link up to Instagram. It wasn't very easy for me. I'm glad you finally figured out it was me!

      Delete
  11. Photograph your fabric! I did that with the kit I got, since it had stickers for each fabric, and I was sure those would fall off after a while. I took pictures of everything, so I could go back and reference which was what.

    Gotta have extra light for sewing on the couch - it makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...