Thursday, April 2, 2020

I Like Thursday #45

Image may contain: food

Well, it's been another weird week. I'm not enjoying staying at home and am definitely not enjoying going to work. I wish we had never heard of coronavirus and life was the way it used to be. However, that's not our reality, is it? So, we just have to learn to cope. I seem to be cooking and baking a little more lately. I made this banana bread today. It's a paleo recipe but you can't really tell the difference. It sure made my house smell nice!

Image may contain: food

I made this for dinner the other night. It's Spaghetti Squash Casserole. It's also another paleo recipe. Everyone loves this recipe! The spaghetti squash takes the place of pasta. The recipe includes ground beef, cherry tomatoes as well as spinach. Full of great nutrition and tastes so good! I usually get 2 dinners out of it which I like the best!

No photo description available.

I have read that we may be hearing that cloth face masks might be more advantageous than previously thought. I decided to make some for my friends and family. I heard batik is better since it's a tighter weave. I've heard it's tough to find elastic so I just made my own ties from the fabric.

No photo description available.

I just finished this one for my son. He didn't want a pattern on the fabric. This was the best I could do. So nice to have my fabric stash when I need it!

No photo description available.

This picture made me laugh. Donuts Delite in Rochester, NY made a doughnut honoring Dr. Fauci! So funny! He's become so prominent during this pandemic. He always seems to lend a reassuring voice to the daily news conferences. My brother lives in the Rochester area and says he loves this doughnut shop! 

That's is for me this week! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more positive and uplifting posts!  I'm hoping the coming weeks are better and not as bad as predicted. Let's all stay strong and healthy!


16 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Both of your recipes looks delicious. I have been in a cooking/baking mood myself. I have a bundt-pan cheese bread in the oven right now. I hope it takes as good as it smells! I have to make a few masks myself with ties as my elastic is gone. Did you use a bias tape tool to make the ties? Take care. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! The bread sounds delish! I just rotary cut strips. I cut them 1.5 inches wide, about 20 inches long. I folded the raw edges towards the middle and sewed them. I also hemmed the edges. Not very hard at all!

      Delete
  2. yum to the bread and the casserole! your son's mask is so pretty and tasteful. LOVE doctors who give us facts and don't worry about the weirdos who attack them for it. Thanks for keeping our circle going... and for going to work to keep our country going. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, LeeAnna! I have to admit that I'm a little nervous going to work. I made myself a mask as well. I have the hospital issued mask to wear while working but will wear my own entering and exiting the building. I can't believe Dr. Fauci is receiving death threats! People are crazy!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary, lovely looking food there, both things we like as well. I buy the squash noodles now too to use as spaghetti. I've seen a lot of mask making going on. Surely anything covering your nose and mouth would be of some help. I've listened to Dr. Fauci too and like him. I was so sorry to hear he needs protection. Crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I can't believe someone would threated Dr. Fauci! We need him right now. It makes no sense!

      Delete
  4. I am right there with you about staying home, going to work. Where did you get your mask pattern. I have seen a couple different ones. I am kind of thinking they could be done better. Your banana bread looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I used the mask pattern you can find here:https://freesewing.org/docs/patterns/fu. I made my own ties by cutting strips 20" X 1.5". I folded the strips in half, then folded raw edges towards the middle and sewed in place. They're pretty easy to make.

      Delete
  5. Rosemary - I am joining you from LeeAnna's I Like Thursday. I don't mind being at home, but it is tough for my social husband. We are trying to get creative with cooking "dates" and movie nights. Not sure either one is good for my waistline! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining the fun, Angie! I think dates are a nice way to have some fun during this strange time. I'm eating way too much! I call it stress eating!!

      Delete
  6. Your recipes sound fantastic! I don't mind being at home but I work from home normally. I'll be making masks this weekend too. Stay safe and healthy dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I thought I was done making masks but I've had a bunch of people asking me to make one for them. Back to the sewing machine!

      Delete
  7. I love leftovers. Makes for an easy meal some other night. I will have to try spaghetti squash like that. I have had a devil of a time finding a mask that fits Rob. So far, the fitted one from JoAnn's works great for me. Ties got tied up in our hair, so I'm avoiding that for now (doing the elastic over the ears... which has problems, too). Your masks look great.

    I'm sorry you're in the thick of things. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! We were going to work from home but it just isn't getting approved. All of our work is on a computer, I can do it at home just as easily. Oh, well. I just hope I don't get sick. I'm making more face masks. I keep getting requests!

      Delete
  8. Crazy times for sure.together wd will get through. Take care and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. Work is so awful. I can't even describe it. Everyone is on edge. I'm scared to even go most days. I'm just trying to get through it one day at a time. Stay home!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...