Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Star Storm/Facemasks

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

After getting my fabric ready, I finally made my first wedge for my Star Storm quilt designed by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. I will end up with a total of 10 wedges. All the fabrics are all cut, marked and ready to be sewn together. 

No photo description available.

The strips are longer than needed. The strip set is then trimmed using one of the templates provided in the pattern. I just love the fabrics. The fabrics are also designed by Victoria. 

No photo description available.

I've been asked to make more facemasks. I made the pink one for my mom! She has some disposable masks sent to her by my brother but she's afraid she'll use them all up and then have nothing she can use.

No photo description available.

My mother is going to attach elastic strips to  her mask. She didn't want the long ties. Hers was so fast to make. Those ties take awhile!

5 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see your star storm. Yes everyone that has a machine is being asked to make masks these days. Glad your Mom has some and a pretty one from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I don't mind making them but they take time away from my own projects! I'm getting faster the more I make!

      Delete
  2. Your Star Storm will be lovely...I love strip piecing myself, too. Stay safe now ~ ~ ~ waving in the rain here Julierose :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juierose! I'm looking forward to seeing how this quilt comes out! I love her fabric!

      Delete
  3. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.. face masks

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...