Thursday, April 9, 2020

I Like Thursday #46

No photo description available.

Welcome to another I Like Thursday post! The weeks go by so fast! I'm working on Star Storm. I have 2 out of the 10 pieces done and sewn together! It's so fun to work on this quilt and watch the pattern emerge. 

Image may contain: indoor

I finally loaded Carolina Chain onto the longarm. I might quilt a pantograph. This quilt is so busy that I'm not sure you'd even notice custom quilting. I'm still deciding! I'm glad it's loaded and out of the way for now,

No photo description available.

My next scrap project is a Pineapple quilt. I did buy a template set but it will take me forever. I think this ruler will be much quicker. My quilt shop is still open. They got a waiver due to the fact that they're making face masks. It was so nice to go out and shop like a normal person!

No photo description available.

I also bought a yard of this solid. It's just so pretty. I'm going to use this fabric for the middle squares of the Pineapple block. I always like having a scrap project going on. It makes me feel a little less guilty about having a fabric stash!

That's it for me this week. Please join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more positive and uplifting posts. See you next week! Stay home and stay safe!

8 comments:

  1. Those Star Storm blocks look beautiful, Rosemary. And kind of fun to sew too. I will be interested in seeing them put together. Kudos for the mask making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I was thinking of adding a border to the Star Storm quilt but I'll have to wait until it's done to make a decision.

      Delete
  2. Love your star form blocks. I agree probably an edge to edge would be good for Carolina Chain. I have the pineapple trim tool. I even have a project started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette! I'm glad you're acquainted with the pineapple ruler. I'll know who to ask if I'm having problems!

      Delete
  3. Star Storm blocks look neat. It will be interesting to see how that comes out. I like Creative Grids rulers. I peeked at the masks you're making - so many pretty colors (I'm admittedly using the stash I DON'T like. lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I'm using batiks only because I heard they're better than regular cotton. I'm trying to keep my nicer batiks for quilts!

      Delete
  4. Fun projects at your house. Love new quilt toys. Our joannes is making masks but i believe you have to order online and drive up.
    Such a different world isnt it? Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I'm really getting sick of this whole social distancing. Work is so busy and then I come home and can't go anywhere else! Ugh!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...