Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Carolina Chain Quilted!

Image may contain: 1 person

Carolina Chain is off the longarm and all quilted! The whole quilting process was quick. I used a pantograph which turned out to be fast. I used North Wind as the edge to edge design. This is the second pantograph I've ever used.

Image may contain: stripes

Just a close up of the quilt design. I took a lecture on using pantographs a few years ago. That class was so helpful. I still use the handout when I need to brush up on her directions. 

Image may contain: outdoor

This is the back. I love the fun kitties! They look very happy!

Time to get the binding ready! 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely finish. The backing is awesome. The new technique I tried was quick. Within about 20 minutes I had 1/2 a lap quilt done, and that was advancing 2 times too. I should just finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Fast is so nice! I'm getting another quilt ready to load.

      Delete
  2. Great choice! Looks fantastic and that backing...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Those kitties are adorable. Great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I thought the kitties would be a nice contrast to the quilt top.

      Delete
  4. Looks great Rosemary. I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! We're all fine. Miss talking to you!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful finish on both the quilt itself and that lovely all-over quilting pattern;))) congratulations--finishes are so great!
    ~ ~ ~ waving in the sunshine Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Today was so sunny! Nice change!

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    Awesome quilt...so colorful and the backing
    is so cute. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a finish! I like your quilting pattern it's nice and open, not too dense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Maureen! I didn't want to quilt this one too densely. It's softer when it's more open. I couldn't believe how fast the pantograph was. It surprised me!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...