Thursday, April 16, 2020

I Like Thursday #47

Image may contain: drink and indoor

I hope everyone had as nice an Easter as could be expected this year. My mother send over Easter Eggs for my kids. It's the traditional Easter eggs found in Italy. She finds them at the market every year and still buys them for my adult kids! My son took his back to his apartment. I bet it's already been eaten!

Image may contain: dessert and food

My whole family loves this white cake I make. I found the recipe on Pinterest. I made it for Easter even though it wasn't the usual holiday. I think this cake helped us to feel better during the time of Coronavirus!

No photo description available.

I have 3 of the 10 wedges all made and sewn together for Star Storm. This quilt is a joy to sew. All the hard work is done ahead of time. You basically sit at the machine and sew your strips together. Then you iron and cut them according to the template provided in the pattern. I just love it! Everything fits beautifully!

No photo description available.

I finally loaded Carolina Chain onto the longarm. I got the pantograph all lined up too. It's called North Wind. I wanted something round and curvy to offset the straight lines of the quilt top. I've been practicing without sewing. It takes a little while to be able to sew the pantograph comfortably and as smoothly as possible. I'm hoping to start sewing it this weekend.

Those are my likes for the week! Sorry I'm so late but I had to work today. Please go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more happy and uplifting posts. We need to be positive right now! Go take a peek!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Your Easter cake looks yummy. I rarely have a white cake or any cake for that matter because no one here really likes cake. I can't eat one all by myself! I love the panto you chose for your quilt. That's a great idea - practicing the design before actually starting to stitch it. I can't wait to see you begin! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! We tried to have a nice Easter even though everything is so strange!

      Delete
  2. Lovely chocolate and such a good looking cake. Isn't it nice to have such wonderful stitching to fill those odd moments these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! Yes, I feel stitching gets us through those difficult times. We sure need it right now!

      Delete
  3. The cake looks awesome. Awe how sweet that your mama still buys the big kids the candy. Love the pantograph you are going to use. I have been working on my muscle memory for free handing a charity quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'm going to bite the bullet and try the pantograph for real today. I hope it looks okay!

      Delete
  4. Your Mom is so sweet to give the big kids candy. Your cake looks yummy too. The star quilt is coming along and that pantograph is a cool pattern. All great likes

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to still get chocolate eggs! Love Star Storm! I look forward to see how it progresses! Have fun with Carolina Chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I'm a bit nervous to start the pantograph but have to try it for real!!

      Delete
  6. Oh the Easter egg looks like it would have tasted delicious - as does the cake!! I'm pleased you've shown us two of the wedges for Star Storm, I've been so tempted to buy this pattern, is this the mini star?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! Star Storm is the full size quilt, 80" X 80". I bought a kit since I just loved the fabrics. It's a really fun project but the instructions take a while to get used to!

      Delete
  7. That Easter egg looks delish! Your quilt is really coming along nicely! It's a very exciting looking quilt!!! So nice to bake a cake for Easter. Stay well and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I'm just trying to get through this strange time!!

      Delete
  8. Italian chocolates are a GOOD tradition!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...