Tuesday, August 12, 2014

20 Blocks!!



 


I'm so excited and happy to say I finally finished the 20 blocks for the Tone It Down Quilt Along! I'm way behind but I don't care. I followed along at my own pace. These blocks were a challenge for me. They're made up of 97 pieces. Each block took me a long time, not only to sew but also to cut. After each block was cut, I had to arrange the pieces so same fabric pieces weren't near each other. Too much to think about!
 
Here are the last 4 blocks I made.
 





 



My next step is to cut the sashing and make the corner blocks. Each corner block will be a 9-patch that will continue the pattern within the blocks. More work to do! I'm just glad this big step is done! Each block measures 15 1/2 inches square.  

16 comments:

  1. Looks great, Rosemary! Wonderful use of color, and I would be the same way trying not to put the same fabrics near each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a couple got by me when I first started these blocks. But I'm just glad they're done!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! This will be a stunner. What colour are you making the sashing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sashing is just as scrappy as the blocks! I'll post pictures once I start putting them together.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Rosemary...can't wait to see that sashing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    I've made several Burgoyne Surrounded quilts--even taught classes for strip piecing them back in the 80s--but I think this scrappy one is wonderful, and I hope to make it someday. I too thought I'd do the quilt-along--but life got too intense during those weeks. I'm so glad you have accomplished piecing your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't follow the quilt along. I'm happy I stuck with it although there were times I wanted to give up! I still have a bunch of small 9-patches to make but the heavy duty piecing is done! So glad you liked it!

      Delete
  5. Your quilt is magnificent, unbelievable number of pieces in the block, I admire your patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's done! I thought about giving up a few times but I just kept at it! Thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete
  6. Well done, it's a beauty :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly! I like it even better now that the majority of the piecing is done!

      Delete
  7. Rosemary they are beautiful! their scrappiness makes them even better! Quite an accomplishment to be proud of too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lara! I'm so glad to get those blocks all done! It seemed to take forever! I'm glad I didn't give up!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the "almost finish"! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen! It felt pretty good to get those blocks done!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...