Friday, November 14, 2014

Dresden Plate Continued!




I finished machine quilting the main portion of my Dresden Plate quilt. I have one skinny border and one wide border left! I tried to get the quilt to lay nice and flat but I had a very fresh kitten who thought it was her job to jump all over it! I took the pictures without an overhead light. I think the quilting showed up better.


These are just a couple of different views. My older cat decided to join in the fun. Anyways, you can get an idea of the wonderful texture I got from quilting the background of each block.

 
I outlined each blade in the Dresden Plate as well as each center circle. I'm hoping to go back and quilt something in each circle after the borders are done. I plan on using a different color thread so I'll wait until I'm done the borders.

 
Here's a nice close up of one block. I have to agree that quilting makes the quilt! The quilting really woke up this quilt. I love running my hand over the surface of the quilt and feeling the quilted ridges.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job with the quilting. It really makes the Dresden plates stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way it came out. I was hoping the Dresden Plates would be accentuated.

      Delete
  2. Those dredans are lovely and the quilting really does make them stand out. hugs, Juierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like how this came out. It was a learning experience for me! Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work Rosemary! The close up shot really shows how lovely your piecing is with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My pictures aren't the clearest but I think you can get the idea!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...