Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Quilter's Gathering 2014

 
A friend and I made our way to Manchester, NH yesterday to view the quilts (and visit the vendors)
at A Quilter's Gathering. I'm posting just a few of my favorite quilts. There were many more but I'm just showing six.
 

This is Nantuckety Day by Wendy Coffin of Rye, NH. This was quilted by Margaret Solomon Gunn. I absolutely loved the quilting! It added so much texture and dimension. It's beautiful! 94 X 94


This is Circle of Life by Lisa McCarthy of East Kingston, NH. The colors are stunning and the pattern just seems to sizzle. It's so vibrant! This quilt was quilted by Carrie Zizza. 67 X 67


This is Skyfall by Kathie & Mara Beltz & Novak of Greenfield, NH. I loved the way the stars seemed to spill across the quilt. My friend pointed out that some of the stars were machine embroidered. Such a nice effect! It was machine quilted by Mara Novak. 58 X 66



This is Vintage Button Bouquet by Linda M. Roy of Knoxville, TN. The quilting on this quilt was amazing especially after finding out it was all done by hand! The quilting was unbelievable! So much texture! Stunning! 83 X 83

This is A Midsummer Night's Dream by Sally A. Johnson of West Yarmouth, MA. She's a good friend and I was so happy to find her quilt at the show. This quilt had bling all over it. You could see it shining as you approached. It was quilted by Lynne McFern. 96 X 96


This is Enchanted by Jane Holihan of Walworth, NY. Amazing quilting and applique that was all done by hand! What beautiful work!  16 X 16

That's a sampling of the wonderful quilts displayed at this year's show. If you ever have the chance to visit this show, make sure you go! You'll be happy you went! I bought a few things at the vendors by that will have to be another post!

8 comments:

  1. they are beautiful. what a lucky opportunity you had to see them.
    awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is always an enjoyable show. So glad I got to go!

      Delete
  2. You nicely captured some of the highlights of the show. It was inspiring, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only took pictures of a few. I could have added a lot more but I was too lazy to include many more!

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful quilts and the quilting was gorgeous on them, too. I love Midsummer Night's Dream--it looks so old fashioned and those spikey petals are lovely...thanks you for sharing your outing with us. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a great quilt show. Made me want to go home and quilt!

      Delete
  4. My vote goes to Nantucket Day, lovely soothing colours and beautiful pattern and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful quilt to see. Certainly one of my favorites!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...