Friday, October 31, 2014

Count Twice, Knit Once!


I was working quite nicely on this shawl. The yarn is Rozetti Polaris. It's a light DK weight. It is made up of these gorgeous colors that seem to alternate. The sequins are built into the yarn. It's so fun to knit this shawl and have all the hard work done for you. However, today, I realized I forgot an increase. I didn't think it would be a problem. It was only 2 rows down from where I was. I dropped a stitch on purpose to make the increase and then all hell broke loose!

The sequins get stuck in the yarn so you can't just pull a stitch or two. It pulls 4-5 stitches at a time.I had loops of yarn all over the place! I ended up pulling out about 1/3 of my poor shawl. I suppose I'm lucky I didn't have to start over again.

Oh, well, I'm back at it! I'm counting every row to make sure I don't forget my increases. Guess I just learned a lesson the hard way!

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!


4 comments:

  1. Counting can really be daunting! I think crochet is easier to rip out--I have had a whole LOT of that practice for sure--than knitting if there are beads or sequins involved. Take heart--no one else will notice..it is coming along nicely--love that colorway hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll keep trudging along! Hope I don't make that same mistake again!

      Delete
  2. It's such pretty yarn, it will all be worth it in the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I finish it correctly! I'm never pulling out that yarn again!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...