Thursday, October 16, 2014

Shawls or Socks??

 
 
I was working on a shawl not too long ago. You may remember the picture I posted. Well, I decided it just wasn't working out well. The yarn was self striping and I just didn't like how it was coming out. That is a drawback of using self striping yarn. You just don't have the control. I had one area that worked out to be practically a solid color. It just didn't look right. I decided to give up and actually knit a sock with sock yarn! I really like how it's coming out. It's rather busy but looks great as a sock! I've already started working on the second sock. I'm trying to match up the stripes but it's pretty hard to get them exact.  


Our guild's quilt show is this weekend. I was the chairman for the November raffle basket. Since my month was November, I chose Thanksgiving Dinner as the actual theme. All proceeds are donated to Breast Cancer this year. I know you can't see what's inside but we had quite a few hand made items.  Hand made items included an apron, place mats and a table runner. There were many food items as well as fat quarters and quilt magazines. Hope the basket is a success!!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be working, again!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sock looks to be nice and warm; I like how the heel came out--especially! Lucky basket winner...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm hoping they made a great profit from that basket!

      Delete
  2. I thought your shawl was looking quite pretty, but I can see how that yarn really works for those socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started looking weird with one area all one color. Not enough control over the overall effect. It's much better for socks!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...