Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bulky Cowl


I just finished this cute little cowl today. It was quick and easy and very practical right now. I woke up to a temperature of -9 degrees this morning. I wore this cowl to the grocery store and it worked really well! I found it warmer than a scarf. Once you place it over your head, it's there for good and doesn't get to move around.


I found the pattern in this book. I used bulky yarn and a simple lace pattern. I used yarn I had left over from an older project.

I've been busy finishing up projects thanks to the cold and snow. I'm hoping the weather begins to improve. I can put some of my projects away for a few days. I heard it's going to be in the 30's tomorrow! Heat wave!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh really neat cowl--I want to make one for myself--it is SO COLD!! I want to be able to walk outside again....this treadmill gets boring!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I'm hoping this bitter cold and snow go away soon. I'm really so sick of it. Hoping we get a change in this awful weather pattern!

      Delete
  2. What a great looking cowl. It certainly doesn't look "simple" or "easy" to me. In this weather, I'd be tempted to wear it in the house, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! I was surprised at how warm it was. I liked it better than a scarf. It really wasn't very hard.

      Delete
  3. looks great .. and most important will keep you lovely and warm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I'm trying to look stylish even though the weather is unbearable!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...