Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Arcadia Avenue, Block 1
I started by sewing each wedge into pairs.
I made sure I lined up all my colors properly. This pattern is actually a book that includes all the information and foundations needed to make the entire quilt. There are 12 blocks in this quilt.
Here's one half sewn together.
Here are the two halves just waiting to be sewn together!
Block is done!! It took a while to sew the block together. I tried following their directions to decrease the bulk in the center of the block. It's a bit thick there but not as bad as I thought. I'm hoping sewing the blocks together will get easier as I keep at it.
I've already started Block 2, Peacock Feathers. This quilt is addicting! So fun!!
I hate having to say that my dad passed away 2 days ago. He was 90 years old so he did live to a ripe age. However, I just wasn't r...
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...