Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage

s

 
I don't need another project but I couldn't help myself! There's a quilt along over at A Bee in My Bonnet that started this past Friday. It follows the directions for the blocks shown on the cover of Lori Holt's new book, Farm Girl Vintage. It's a wonderful book. So many gorgeous blocks and so many projects! It's a feast for the eyes!!


The first block is Apronstrings. You can make 2 different sizes, 6 1/2" or 12 1/2". I'll be making the smaller block. The quilt along will be making 2 blocks per week from now on. I'm not sure I can keep up at that pace but I'll do the best I can.

You can also make a pin cushion using the Apronstrings pattern. The directions are on Lori's blog.

I think it's going to be fun. I also love being able to use my stash. There's so many options with this quilt along. I had to join!!

4 comments:

  1. You've made a great start!! I loved this as soon as I saw and thought I'd like to join in but decided the cost of gettting it the book here is a bit high. I'll enjoy watching your progress instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is great but it was priced high even here. After looking through it, I can see why! It's full of projects and all sorts of blocks. I can look through it for hours!!

      Delete
  2. love your block. this looks like a fun little start to something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole project is cute and fun! Not sure if I can keep up with the quilt along but I'll do what I can anyways! Happy Mother's Day!!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...