Wednesday, January 20, 2016

First Finish of 2016!


My Sweetheart Table Topper is finished! It's already sitting on my kitchen table. This was such a fun and quick project. I'm so glad I finished it in time for Valentine's Day.


I had a hard time deciding how to quilt it. I didn't want to do anything too fancy. I wanted it to be fun and not overpowering on this small project. I decided on this teardrop with echoes. I really like how it came out. It's not too much but definitely adds texture to the project.


Here's a closeup of the quilting. I think the quilting took me 30-45 minutes. It was fast but I feel it was appropriate for the space I wanted to fill.


I love the binding! I chose a stripe but cut the strips on the bias. I love the movement the stripes add to the hearts. I found the best tutorial on making the binding. You can find it here at Jaybird Quilts. She makes it so easy! Have fun looking around on her website. She has lots of great quilt stuff there!

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rosemary....perfect quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for Valentine's Day--great quilting just the right touch..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Juierose! I have it sitting on my table. Nice feeling to have it finished and on display!

      Delete
  3. Darling table topper quilt! Perfect for Valentines Day. Quilting design brings out the heart shape. Great job! Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...