Sunday, March 20, 2016

Three More Nickita Bags



I finished 3 more Nickita bags last week. My daughter is going on a trip in May and wanted one of these bags for herself. She also wanted another 2 to give to a couple of friends. She chose the fabric from my stash. I only had to buy the zippers. I really love how they came out. I hope her friends like them as much as I do! Of course, the the one on the right is for my daughter. It's cat fabric that I bought her years ago. I knew that fabric would come in handy one of these days!


I've already posted this photo but thought I'd show you the lining fabric again. The bags are set up in the same order in both pictures. You can see what I lined each bag with. Of course, more cat fabric for Rebecca! The lining fabric also makes the handles which you can see on the outside of each bag. 

I bought these patterns as part of a Craftsy class. I got three patterns plus the class for a great price. I love to be able to sew these bags together and watch Joan Hawley at the same time. She gives some invaluable advice that would never be part of a written pattern. 

Happy first day of Spring! Unfortunately, we're expecting a snowstorm tonight. It's just normal for us up here in New England! Have a great rest of your weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just L O V E these bags--you did a super job on them...especially that cat one is so cute!! I have trouble making any sort of bags--maybe I'll look into that craftsy class...fingers crossed for less snow than is forecast--BEGONE WINTER!!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It's the best class I've ever bought. Try it! It won't disappoint! I can't believe we're getting more snow. It wasn't a bad winter but I still want it to end!!

      Delete
  2. Those bags are cute and looks so well made. You really got a lot of mileage from that Craftsy class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I think it's the best class I've ever bought! I even got it on sale!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...