Sunday, July 31, 2016

End of Vacation


I did manage to finish this applique block for Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. This was pretty easy since the the curves are quite gentle and there aren't too many pointy pieces. I'm not sure how much I like the busy background but I thought it would be a fun addition to the quilt. I think my next blocks will be drunkard's path which will be machine pieced. So happy I figured out how to machine sew curves together.



I did visit a quilt shop this week and this is what I bought! I love string quilts but wanted patterns that were a little different. This book has lots of unusual string patterns. I thought it would be a great way to use up my fabric stash. I just loved the colors of these batiks and couldn't resist buying them. I thought I showed restraint just buying 2 items. My husband was waiting for me in the car and he didn't even complain about how long I took. 


We went to Walker Stalker Convention in Boston yesterday. My son and I are big fans of The Walking Dead. This is the second year we've gone to this event. We had a great time. However, I met a quilter! One of the vendors had quilts made with images from The Walking Dead.  They were wonderful! We started talking and found out we had a lot in common. She's hoping to take classes this coming April at MQX. It would be great to meet there. She was so nice and friendly. You just never know where you'll meet another quilter!

Back to work tomorrow. I had such a nice week. I hope I can actually get up on time. I'm expecting a rough time. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a very interesting book, and I love your selection of batiks.
    Rosemary, we have so much in common, but I draw the line at "Walking Dead"! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm not surprised although it was a real fun time! You may have enjoyed yourself! I even saw Elvira!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...