Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Flower Blocks

Image may contain: flower and plant

I finished up the Flower Blocks for Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I made them my own way and I think it worked out just fine. 

No automatic alt text available.

I appliqued my flower onto the background. The directions were to add pieces to the flower to square it up. I thought this method was so much easier! And more accurate too.

No automatic alt text available.

I didn't applique the stem. I sewed it between to pieces of the bottom fabric. I used freezer paper to make the correct shape to be sewn to the flower pieces. 


Image may contain: flower

I just sewed the two pieces together and then trimmed to finished size. Done!!

I have 3 blocks left to make to finish the body of this quilt. The border is a whole other story. It's full of applique. This top won't be done for awhile but I'm really enjoying it and that's what counts!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that was a really good way to make them--they came out looking just lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I felt this way was so much easier for me! Easier is better!!

      Delete
  2. Your method worked out really well. I like the way you fussy cut your flower petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! So glad you noticed that little detail!!

      Delete

Slab Runner Quilted

Here's my slab table runner. I'm enjoying the process of sewing down the binding. It's a great excuse to watch television! ...