Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Arcadia Avenue DONE!!!

No automatic alt text available.

I still can't really believe! Arcadia Avenue is finally done! It was a long haul but such a nice feeling to know that's it's finally all quilted! I knew it would be quite the project when I started but I had no idea it would take me this long.

No automatic alt text available.

I quilted parallel lines in the triangles along the edge of the quilt..I chalked a line down the middle as my own only marking. I quilted one inch away from the seam line and changed direction at the chalk line. Easy and fast!

No automatic alt text available.

Here's the quilt before I trimmed off the excess batting and backing. It looks so much better afterwards. Who cares?! It's done!!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Wow, such a spectacular finish, and so much learned in the process of creating all those intricate blocks. We'll done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I did learn a lot and am so glad I kept at it. But still happy that it's done!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Rosemary! What a beautiful quilt! I know you have lots of time invested in it, especially when you include the paper piecing, but it is so worth it when you see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! Such a great feeling to know it's done! Thinking about the binding already!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous finish rosemary--stunning quilting in this one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! Wonderful feeling to see it all done!

      Delete
  4. Stunning quilt Rosemary - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the black background; it brings those colours alive. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  6. Just beautiful. Great to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karin! Great feeling to finish this one. Took much longer than expected!

      Delete
  7. Joy raved about this quilt, so I came by to agree with her that it is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paula! Such a nice comment! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...