Wednesday, July 12, 2017

More Machine Quilting

No automatic alt text available.

I just finished quilting the last block of my Arcadia Avenue quilt. So excited!

No automatic alt text available.

Just a little close up of the quilting of that last block. Phew! Blocks are done!!

No automatic alt text available.

The only quilting left is the black fabrics around the edge of this quilt. It's difficult to see in this picture. You may be able to see the pins. The black areas between the pieced blocks have already been quilted. This is the easy part!

No automatic alt text available.

I have 2 borders left to quilt on my Patchwork Swoon which I am quilting on the longarm. I unexpectedly purchased a longarm this past fall. At the time, I had just started to quilt Arcadia Avenue. My goal has been to finish Arcadia Avenue so I can concentrate on the longarm. Although I've been machine quilting for a few years, the longarm is so different. I'm making progress but not as quickly as I had hoped. I think part of the problem is I'm still quilting on the Sit down quilter. I'm hoping to use the Sit down for small projects and use the longarm for most everything else. I'll sell the Sit down if I no longer use it.. 

The longarm is a lot of fun but it involves a whole new set of skills. Getting there! I've been using rulers as well as free motion quilting. Getting there one small step at a time!!


8 comments:

  1. Rosemary this is coming along beautifully!!! I love both quilts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! I'm just excited to get them done!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous quilting you've accomplished--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I'm practicing and learning as I go along!

      Delete
  3. So much accomplished! Both quilts look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, such a sweet thing to say! Thanks so much. I'm trying!!

      Delete
  4. both quilts are looking fabulous. will you be quilting for hire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have started quilting for a friend and would love to get more customers. Need to figure out how to get the word out!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...