Sunday, July 23, 2017

Scrap Vortex Part 2

No automatic alt text available.

I just about forgot Scrap Vortex. I started this project months ago. I went through all my scraps and finished the first part. It took me weeks to go through my fabric stash. If you're interested, you can read about the project here at Crazy Mom Quilts. Her Scrap Vortex quilt looks beautiful! Part 2 is basically putting 2 scraps together of similar size. My problem is that many of my scraps are large. I'm cutting them down as I go along and mixing and matching like sized scraps. I think that's why this step is going to take awhile. 

No automatic alt text available.

This is the pile of scraps I have left from the first step. It may not look it in the picture, but that's lots of scraps! I feel that after this step is over, the next steps should be faster. I don't think I'll have to trim many pieces after Part 2 is complete. We shall see! Further updates when I get through that pile of scraps!

6 comments:

  1. I find it is very hard to get all the different sizes together and still have them look good to me...at least that has been my experience...i love the scrap vortex idea, but haven't finished mine either...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so easy until you try it! Thanks, Julierose!

      Delete
  2. the secret is to make parts and then join them. I cut them if they are too long or join something to make it fit. if you sew twosies then add on it gets easier as you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning to cut them down as I go along. Thanks for the advice, Dawn! I hope it gets easier!

      Delete
  3. So many projects so little time! LOL! Wait until you see the scraps that get generated from "Long Time Gone". You'll have enough for a whole new scrap vortex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! More scraps?!?! Not sure I would attempt a second Scrap Vortex! Haha! Nice hearing from you!!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...