Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Alaska Quilt Top


 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pretty and intricate looking. However, making one block at a time, it's manageable and works out very nicely. I didn't add the border in the pattern. The pattern has a 4 inch border of the lightest fabric on each side of the quilt.


I found this picture on Edyta Sitar's website. The border is made by making Block #2 and sewing it all the way around. The four corner blocks are altered to keep the dark fabric on the outside of the quilt. I really love this border. The bad part is I didn't have enough fabric to add this border. But, I did find the fabrics on various websites so I'm all set! I wish I had seen this picture when I was buying my fabric. Oh, well,  it still works out!


8 comments:

  1. Just a beautiful quilt finish, Rosemary--gorgeous work on this one hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! This quilt was enjoyable to make!

      Delete
  2. A delightful pattern Rosemary, good luck with the border setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt design! Love it in your blues and neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I chose the colors very close to the quilt featured in the pattern. I don't have any quilts in these colors.

      Delete
  4. Love, love this quilt. Yay for finding the extra fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! This quilt is costing more than I expected! Oh, well!!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...