Thursday, April 4, 2024

I Like Thursday #229


 I bought this new Spring wreath for my front door. I don't remember Easter  coming this early and I didn't want to put my Summer wreath up just yet. So, I went to Jo-Ann's and got a great deal on this wreath. Well, I guess the joke is on me. We're in the middle of a Nor'Easter complete with wind and snow. Ugh! Our lights flickered for a few minutes but came back quickly. I think the wind is dying down but who knows?! It's not my idea of Spring! Anyways, my door looks nice!


I made this Easter bread for our Easter dinner. I'm not really good with yeast. It doesn't always work when I use it in recipes but I was lucky this year! The bread was nice and soft. I could have placed eggs within the braid but I always threw them out when I was a kid so decided against it. This bread goes great with coffee!


This is block 12 of the Alaska quilt. I'm all done sewing the blocks! Now, to put this quilt together is going to a slow process. I'm hoping to line up all the seams so the pattern will emerge. I admit that I really enjoyed making these blocks. Although a bit challenging, the directions and illustrations were well written and easy to follow. These blocks had to be made slowly. I don't think I've pinned as much as I have for these blocks but I think they definitely helped lining everything up correctly.


I tutored my student at the library yesterday. We got to sit by this fireplace for the entire session. It was so warm and comfortable. I didn't want to leave! Our 2 hours zipped by so fast. We're so lucky to have such a great library in our town.

Our prompt this week is whether you prefer an amusement park or a day at the beach. I will have to say the beach is my choice. I love sitting there and listening to the ocean. I always bring a book and feel it's a great way to rest and recharge. We usually stop for food on the way home and top it off with an ice cream. That's such a fun day for me. I love rides and amusement parks but the beach is definitely my favorite! Please visit LeeAnna to link up to my blogs participating in I Like Thursday. 


4 comments:

  1. The wreath looks nice on your door. We've had snow flurries here all day. It isn't sticking though. Easter was very early this year. Your bread looks delicious! We have a great library here but it doesn't have such a lovely fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! The library actually has 2 fireplaces in the room I was tutoring in. Our library is really busy and has always been maintained very nicely. I'm happy to go there!

      Delete
  2. That bread looks good! Yay for done blocks! What a great library - so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spring wreath! Yes late snow definitely breaks up the spring feeling. You are doing such a wonderful job on these intricate blocks. What a cosy spot to work and how nice it's at the library. Your bread made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...