Tuesday, April 9, 2024

More Quilted Blocks


 I've been working on the State Fair Sampler steadily. I usually don't think of what I'm going to quilt until I actually have to do it. Maybe I work better under pressure! I just quilted lines and loops in this one. These smaller blocks don't take long at all.


This is considered a pinwheel but it seems to have too many pieces. I again used lines and one big loop!
I was hoping to make a little movement within the block. 


I just tried different motifs in each area. I used wishbone, loops and arcs. I found that middle pattern in a book and thought I'd give it a try.


I've seen this design before but had never tried it. I wanted to try something different in the middle square of a 9-patch design. This one is easier than it looks. You start in one corner and quilt to one inch out from the next corner. You just keep repeating it until you're done. Not too awful!

I have 2 larger blocks to work on next. Not only are they large, but they're made up of weird shapes. I have an idea but hope it works out. I'm getting better at ripping out my stitches. Ripping out seems to take much longer than it should!






4 comments:

  1. Your quilting is just so lovely--I really like all those different designs...this quilt will have beautiful texture to it--great work
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm hoping for that nice textured look and feel!

      Delete
  2. You are moving right along on this quilt. I love each design you've selected for the blocks. I hope you don't have to do any additional ripping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I hope I don't have to do more ripping but I probably will! I did find one section where my tension looked bad so I ripped out and fixed it. I hate doing that!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...