Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Fabric Placement




I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the border. I knew the corner blocks need to have a few colors changed to continue that dark blue edge. So, I made 4 blocks and auditioned them onto the edge of the quilt. It just didn't look right. There was too much beige!

 

After studying the picture, I realized that every other border block has 2 of the beige pieces changed to the very light background fabric. That creates a nice 4 patch between the border and the body of the quilt. I'm so glad I noticed the difference before I made more progress. I feel like I dodged a huge problem! Phew!!!





2 comments:

  1. I am finding borders really difficult, too--i like how you solved your problem, Rosemary--looking really good. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a subtle change but I think it will be easier to see when the whole border is done. I'm glad I caught it early!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #234

Boy, these weeks go by fast. It's time for I Like Thursday once again. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more blogs taking part in Th...