Thursday, May 2, 2024

I Like Thursday #232


 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady progress on quilting my son's wedding quilt. I just finished this block yesterday. I love the look of straight lines with free motion quilting. I quilted some pebbles and ribbon candy along with the ruler work. It just adds so much depth to the block. I love it!


I've been shopping for a dress for my son's wedding. I found a lot I liked but they just weren't the right one. A friend of mine dropped by and gave me this travel mug. I haven't used it yet but I'm sure I will! It was such a thoughtful gesture.


This is the dress I ordered for my son's wedding. I tried on over 20 dresses. I liked a lot of them but this one was my favorite. The wedding has an Autumn theme and I love the eggplant color. It will be a nice complement to the bridesmaids' colors. It's all ordered and should be here within 3-5 months. In the meantime, I'm looking for heels and a clutch. I may need some sort of shawl also since the ceremony will be outside. 



This week's prompt is discuss our name. My mother had a favorite aunt named Rose but my paternal grandmother was named Maria. My parents thought Rosemary would be a nice way to honor both of them. The Italian version is Rosamaria. My mother wanted it to sound more American so they opted for Rosemary. I always thought the name brings to mind an older person. Most of my friends called me Rose when I was growing up. I've come to accept it after all these years especially now that I'm getting older and the name seems more appropriate.


 


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting lines, Rosemary. The dress you chose is beautiful and sounds fitting. A shawl would be the perfect complement. I think your name is lovely and especially lovely is the Italian version which is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary - you have chosen a lovely dress for the wedding - our daughter was married last October, and it was so much fun trying on dresses at several shops in Cincinnati - I felt like a princess! I am joining you from Lee Anna's I Like Thursday - hope you pop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angie! I will definitely visit your blog!

      Delete
  3. That is a very pretty dress! You will look stunning in it!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #234

Boy, these weeks go by fast. It's time for I Like Thursday once again. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more blogs taking part in Th...