Thursday, May 9, 2024

I Like Thursday #233


 It's I Like Thursday time! We post happy and uplifting content every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more blogs taking part. Our Spring has been typical for New England. We have some warm days only to be followed by cold days. It's like the weather just can't make up their mind! We're finally getting some color blooming around our house. 


I received this gift mug from an old pharmacist friend. When we started our careers, all prescriptions had auxiliary labels to remind patients on how to take their meds. I don't think they're as popular anymore. I spent most of my career working in hospitals and we didn't use them very much. This mug reminds me of my early years in pharmacy. 


This is nice example of the rulerwork I've been quilting on my son's wedding quilt. The center block has a star in it. You may have to click on the picture to see it. I love using rulers for quilting. I can't afford a computer for my longarm so rulers are as exact as I can get. Rulerwork and free motion quilting always looks nice together. 


Our prompt this week asks us how we celebrate our birthdays. My family isn't very large so it's always my immediate family, my children's significant others and my mother. We make a nice dinner, usually whatever the birthday celebrant prefers. I always try to make a homemade cake. It's nothing fancy but it seems to work for us. When I was younger, we used to have family parties also but not every year. Some years, we would have a bunch of my friends over for the afternoon. Birthdays sure change a lot as you get older!

I hope you have a great weekend and Mother's Day if you're celebrating.💖


5 comments:

  1. I did click on your photo to eye that lovely stitched star in the center block. That all is turning out beautifully, Rosemary. How special that mug is! Mugs are taking on more meaning all the time, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I've been working on that quilt for a while and I surprise myself when I see how much I've actually quilted so far. I love getting mugs! They certainly are nice reminders of past events as well as friendships.

      Delete
  2. How fun & thoughtful of your friend to get that mug for you. Happy memories deserve reminders!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #234

Boy, these weeks go by fast. It's time for I Like Thursday once again. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more blogs taking part in Th...