Thursday, May 23, 2024

I Like Thursday #235


 Happy Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more happy bloggers. This picture is one of my latest blocks I've quilted on my son's wedding quilt. I love how this came out. It was a pretty fast quilt motif to sew out with minimal marking. However, I hope you notice that I am at the end of the quilt. This block is on the left bottom corner of the quilt. I'm almost finished! I think I've been quilting this for close to 3 months. This is the largest quilt I've ever made or quilted on the longarm. It measures approximately 92" X 96".

My husband has officially retired. His staff had a party for him last week. One of the employees made this cake. He does love to golf and should have plenty of time to enjoy his summer. He got so many gifts, mostly gift cards. I think his favorite gift was a mug he received. The mug has pictures of many of the employees on it. I told him he could still have coffee with his co-workers!

My husband loves working outdoors. He's already started the vegetable garden. We've bought a few plants but still need more. It feels like summer now that the garden is starting up.


I received a late Mother's Day gift. My husband ordered it a little late. It's my birthstone along with my 2 kids. I really love it! I remember we got my mother a mother's ring when I was younger. I wonder if they're still around. I haven't seen them lately. Trends change so often that it's difficult to keep up!

Have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Love that quilting. Wow - 3 months. That's a lot of work! That cake is a cook. Congrats to your husband on retiring! Mmm... I've been planting, too, hoping for the veggies to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! I know custom quilting is time consuming but this is too much! So glad I'm at the end!!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for retirement! It's the best! Your son's wedding quilt looks beautiful - glad that you're almost done. That's a lovely Mother's Day gift, too. Definitely more modern than a ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The rings were nice back in the day but the necklace is definitely more modern!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to your husband on his retirement. The cake is amazing. I love your Mother's necklace. I remember my grandmother having a ring. We had pins made for my mom and mother-in-law. My daughter gave me a Pandora necklace and everyone's birthstones in heart pendants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I think he's getting used to being home. He keeps himself busy especially outdoors. I love Pandora jewelry. I think I have a bracelet my kids got me years ago.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #238

Is it Thursday already!? Time to share some fun posts with everyone. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more bloggers. I have three peon...