Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Feathers, Flowers and Wishbone

My brother was visiting the area last week so I didn't get much quilting done. I got this block done yesterday. I quilted lots of wishbone and arcs. I'm trying to make the quilting different in each block but it's almost impossible. I have my favorites but try to keep each block individual and a little unique.


I realized I hadn't quilted too many feathers so I thought this block would look great with feathers to dress it up. I love the flowers in the corners. This block was very quick to quilt. I wish they were more like this! I finished this one up this morning. 

I'm cutting my pieces for the next 4 blocks for the Alaska border. I'm glad I'm finally catching up after my busy week!

6 comments:

  1. I really love those wish bones!! They are so pretty on that dark fabric...
    you do such beautiful quilting, Rosemary...gorgeous hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really don't like how obvious the quilting looks on the black fabric but I have no choice with this quilt. I like the more subtle look of white thread on a white background. My quilting shows up so much!!

      Delete
  2. Love the blocks! I think it is actually quite hard to come up with something different for each block while still making it look all connected. Did that once in a Natalia Bonner quilt along...very work intensive but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karin! I'm getting so tired of making all these decisions with each block. I'm finally making my way to the end. I think it's worth it too but so tiring!!

      Delete
  3. Your quilting is so pretty. You are making good progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! Getting through this one is slow!!

      Delete

Alaska Rounds the Corner!

I made 2 corner squares and completed the third side of the border for Alaska. I made the corner blocks from a picture Edyta Sitar posted so...