Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Quilting Sampler Blocks


 This is the first block in the upper left hand corner of  the State Fair Sampler Quilt. I posted the bead board border last week. I've made a bit of progress and have started quilting the interior of the block. I've got some ribbon candy, wish bone and feathers in there! This block measures 32" square so I can only quilt a portion at a time. I sometimes have to unroll the quilt so I can see what I quilted earlier! My quilting isn't perfect but it's okay.


There was quite a bit of bulk in this block so I thought I'd quilt a good amount in the middle to suck up some of that extra fabric. It looks good and did the trick! This block is 12" square. 


I just tried to think of quilting motifs that would give this block a little movement. I quilted lines, swirls and arcs. This block is 12" square also.

I can only get so much per day. I tend to get sloppy if I quilt for too long. I have months to finish this and I think it's going to take me awhile. Too many decisions and way too big! This is the largest quilt I've ever made. I'm doing it for my son and his future wife so it's definitely worth it!




4 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks lovely; I can see why you get tired quickly doing these patterns...it will be such a gorgeous quilt;))) Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm standing and trying out new designs so it definitely gets tiring! I can definitely tell when it's time to stop.

      Delete
  2. The quilting is beautiful, Rosemary. It will be worth taking your time. Photographing, like you are doing, will hopefully keep you from having to unroll it too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I wish I had a larger opening in my longarm but it's okay. I'll try taking more pictures to remind myself of what I quilted.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...