Thursday, March 28, 2024

I Like Thursday #228


Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit LeeAnna to link up with more blogs. This is Block 13 of Alaska, a quilt designed by Edyta Sitar. I think this one is my favorite. It's not easy to make but the I just love it. It has a sparkle to it!  All blocks in this quilt measure 9.5" square. 


I forgot to show you Block 11 of Alaska. I only have Block 12 left to make. I jumped ahead to Block 13 since I only had to make one block. Four blocks left!! I think putting this quilt together is going to be a slow process which is fine. Slow is good!


My future daughter-in-law brought this over to my house one day. I thought it was going to be a delicious dessert for us to share. I had no idea that it wasn't real! She made this "cake" for my daughter. It actually opens up and can be used to store whatever you'd like. It would make a cute jewelry box. I'm not really sure what it's made of. It just looks very realistic!


Our prompt this week is what baby animal would you choose for a pet. I think I'd love a baby deer! I see them outside sometimes and think they're so cute. I know it's not really possible but they're too cute to resist! They look so cuddly!


Have a wonderful Easter! We're hosting Easter dinner and will start cooking tomorrow. It's a lot of work but it's so nice to have the family all together!🐣Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. THose quilt blocks are amazing, Rosemary. They would be a big challenge for me. I saw the cake and was excited to see what you are celebrating...it definitely looks real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! You can imagine how disappointed I was to find out the cake wasn't real! I was looking forward to eating it.

      Delete
  2. Ooh - that quilt will go together quickly, now that you're down to one set of blocks left! That cake is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I'll post my progress as I start sewing it together.

      Delete
  3. I think Starry kind of blocks are beautiful and definitely a crowd pleaser. I too love this one of yours. You are powering through this project, Rosemary. That cake is amazing! And what a surprise...very neat! Fawns are special I think. And I will think of you as I am cooking on Sunday. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on that Block #13! Looks difficult but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...