Sunday, March 17, 2024

Baby Binding


Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure why but that seems to be my favorite width. It's not too wide, not too thin, just right!!


I always use my walking foot when sewing a binding. I've been lazy in the past and have just used my regular quilting foot. I never really like the end result. The walking foot insures a nice flat binding.  A regular foot can sure make that binding wavy. It's so worth it to change the foot!


6 comments:

  1. Lovely finish on this one, Rosemary;))) such pretty colors...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet baby quilt and I do like the colours used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a walking foot to attached the binding to the front of the quilt. Sometimes I hand stitch the binding to the back and sometimes I switch the foot on the machine and sew it down. The special quilts get the hand sewing method. The baby quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I always hand sew my bindings but I want to try it on the machine. I'm sure it takes a lot less time!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...