Thursday, March 7, 2024

I Like Thursday #226


 Welcome to I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more like minded blogs. I just finished Block 8 of Alaska by Edyta Sitar. I have 17 more blocks to go. I'm getting more comfortable with all those pieces meeting in the middle. Every quilt teaches you something and those points in the middle is my quilt lesson.


My baby quilt is ready to load! I ironed the backing as well as the quilt top. I always like laying the top over the backing. I use math a lot but I also like to make sure everything works once the pieces are ready for loading. I'm going to free motion the whole thing except for the borders. I just need to pick a pattern. That's the hard part!!


I found Lily sleeping in her usual spot, She had her little paws crossed. She looks so cute. I just had to share!


Our prompt this week is how you experience Spring with each of your senses. Here goes:

Taste - Easter goodies, chocolates
Touch - Warm breeze, soft petals of newly blossomed flowers
See - Flowers, longer days, reawakening of nature, Peeps
Hear- Birds, motorcycles, kids outside playing

I'll probably think of more later but that's what I came up with for now!
Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. So love your Alaska blocks and that gorgeous baby quilt too! Little Lilly with paws crossed...so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I just started quilting the baby quilt and it's looking good!

      Delete
  2. The Alaska blocks look challenging but are so pretty. The baby quilt is precious. I just love the colors. Lilly is quite the little lady with her paws crossed. I am ready for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I was a little afraid to make Alaska but it's not as bad as it looks. I'm so sick of the winter. I want warmer temps!

      Delete
  3. What a cute baby quilt! What a comfy kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I finally figured out how to quilt it. I started it today. Lily can be so cute but she's also quite fresh!

      Delete
  4. Lily, touchingly sweet and cozy. Soft petals, breezes not cold not hot, yes you set a tone here
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeeAnna! I always enjoy your comments.

      Delete
  5. Those flowers against the blue sky are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...