Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Quilting State Fair Sampler


 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks after just attaching one side of the backing and quilt top to the longarm. It's about 92" wide so pinning to the leaders took a while. I stopped after that and did the rest the next day.


After much consideration, I decided simpler is better with this quilt since it's so large. I thought bead board would look good in this area. Also, since there isn't a border, the sides are so stretchy with all those seams. I thought this would keep this edge nice and straight. 


I was going to do something curvy in this area but decided on these half inch lines instead. I think they look good in this odd shape. It's not a circle, square or octagon. The lines worked! I'll post more as I quilt more. Too many decisions with so many blocks!! I'm hoping it will get easier as I get going.


4 comments:

  1. Great choices on this quilt; that is one big one, Rosemary!!
    Good luck with the rest of the quilting choices hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! So much more to go. I have to tell myself to slow down!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, it is looking great! The lines are definitely working.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...