Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Baby Quilt Finished


 It took me two days to get this baby quilt quilted. I had a few ideas as to how I was going to quilt it but I didn't really decide until I had the quilt loaded and ready to go. The quilt measures about 49" X 56". 


I wanted to quilt an all over pattern. I didn't want it to be too dense so the quilt would remain soft. I decided on quilting these meandering loops. It's common in quilts for children and looks a bit whimsical and fun.


I quilted arcs just by following the sides of the half square triangles. I quilted 1" lines above the arcs and ribbon candy within the arcs. I quilted a series of lines in the corners. Ta-da! The quilt is completely quilted. I'm working on the binding which is the same fabric as the border. This was such a fun project to work on!
.


6 comments:

  1. Oh this really came out so cute, Rosemary....pretty quilting--good choice for all-over and not too dense...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It was nice to make something that didn't take too long.

      Delete
  2. The quilting is perfect, Rosemary! I love everything about this little quilt. I'm sure the baby will love it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another beauty, Rosemary. Lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! This was so fun to quilt. It's not too large and the quilting pattern wasn't too complicated.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...