Saturday, April 27, 2024

More Ruler Work and FMQ


 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop trying on gowns. The first time I went my daughter was with me. I liked the gowns but I only tried on 6 gowns and felt it wasn't enough to decide. I went to a different place Thursday with my daughter and future daughter-in-law and I found my dress! It's all ordered. What a relief! Now I'm back to my regular routine!  I wanted to show you some of the quilting on my son's wedding quilt. This picture is a card trick variation block. I tried some arcs and loops with some straight lines. 


I'm not sure what this block is called by I tried a few different motifs in each shape. I used loops, parallel lines and more arcs. I find the hardest part to be what design to choose for each area. 

I tried some new designs in this block. I actually tried a few other ideas that just didn't work. That seam ripper sure comes in handy!  I think I like it so far. I used a few books by Angela Walters for these motifs. Her books come in handy. 


This is the last block I worked on this morning. I used arcs and wish bones in the dark pink area. The center is curved cross hatching. The blocks have an off center design also from Angela Walters. 

I'm done for today! There are definitely too many decisions to make. I'm more than half done this quilt which is so surprising to me. It seemed I was getting nowhere but I'm definitely making progress!


3 comments:

  1. Lots of decisions; so far I love how your quilting looks !! Nice work...
    Finding a dress for weddings is always harrowing--at least for me it is!! Good you found it!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm getting there with my quilting. I'm so glad I found my dress. I knew I wouldn't find anything I'd like more than this one. It's such a relief that I found it!

      Delete
  2. The quilting is looking great. Congratulations on finding a dress. I'm sure everyone is getting excited!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #233

 It's I Like Thursday time! We post happy and uplifting content every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to l...