Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Cube Pinnie

No automatic alt text available.

I finished making the blocks for my neighbor's quilt. Phew! They're ironed and trimmed and all set to be sewn into a quilt top. As a quick diversion, I decided to make this Cube Pinnie by May Chappell. She has a great tutorial on her blog which you can find here. It's quick (took about 30 minutes) and it's so darn cute! I cut three strips as you can see above. 

No automatic alt text available.

I ironed the wider strip in half and lined up raw edges to one of the other strips. I sewed all the way around. I lined up raw edges of the 3rd strip to raw edges of the MIDDLE of this piece. (Forgot to take a picture, oops!)

No automatic alt text available.

You end up with this weird looking thing. I may have over pinned but I thought that might help me out in the end. 

No automatic alt text available.

After some careful sewing, this is what I ended up with! 

Image may contain: dessert and food

I used fiber filling but crushed walnut shells was recommended. It would probably stand up better with the shells. It's fine for me. It's so cute and I just love that little pocket. It's a nice feeling to make something and finish it up so quickly. Nice change of pace for me!!




4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, thanks for the linky--what a fun project...love how yours came out hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Just wanted a quick project just for me!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...