Monday, March 19, 2018

New Project

No automatic alt text available.

Sometimes, I just want to sew. I had been working on a Scrap Vortex quilt late last summer. It was about the same time my neighbor asked me to finish quilt. I feel I've lost interest in it. I really enjoyed working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt so I have decided to make one of her quilts instead. I'm using the blocks from Scrap Vortex to make Carolina Chain. Each block measures 9.5 square. I'll need 72 squares to make this quilt.

Image may contain: 1 person

The pattern is from this book which I love! So many ideas for those scraps!

Image result for carolina chain quilt

This is Carolina Chain. What a great use for scraps! I plan on working on this quilt when I can. I'm in no rush. Cutting up my other blocks is a bit time consuming but I feel it's a better use of stash.  It's nice to work on right now while I'm trying to find backing for On Ringo Lake. 


6 comments:

  1. Caroline Chain - a super colourful quilt and what a good idea to use the blocks from Scrap Vortex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I feel life is too short to work on something I don't really like. Moving forward!!

      Delete
  2. Oh i love that pattern--enjoy working on it...hoping that the snow will be a miss--but it doesn't look good....grrrr
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I made another block this afternoon. I can't believe we're expecting another snowstorm! Getting so sick of this. Hope this is the last one!!

      Delete
  3. Stay safe in this storm my friend. Nuts isnt it? Love the bonnie hunter blocks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Did you get much of a storm?? It missed us up here. So happy about that!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...