Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas goodies



 
I'm so lucky to have many quilting friends. I'm not going to bore you with the clothes, lotions, etc. I'm going to show you my awesome quilt gifts! The beautiful tote bag above was made by Star. I thought she bought it because it's so perfectly sewn together! The accent fabric has all sorts of sewing articles. I think it will be a great bag to carry any of my projects in especially my knitting!
 


Look what else Star made! It's an ornament made from fabric. Too cute! Thank you so much, Star! I'll always think of you when I see the ornament or use the tote bag. Am I really supposed to use the fabric?? It's too cute to take apart!


My pen pal of almost 20 years sent me this knit doily. Her name is Sarah and she lives in England. She's a wonderful knitter and quilter as well as a pharmacist like me! I placed the doily on the television stand with a floral arrangement on it. Love the color!

 
 
Look at what else Sarah made me! A gorgeous zippered pouch! Another perfect item! Where do these ladies learn to sew so well?? I don't think my work compares to these lovely items. 
 


Sarah also sent me this kit to make origami flowers. I'll post them when I make them!

 
I had a Secret Santa at work who must know me pretty well! She got me this cute kitty fabric! I think Lily likes it too! (Lily is my kitty!)
 
 

She also got me this pretty sock yarn. Thank you, Susan! I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

 
And last, but not least, my work/quilt buddy, Maryrose, got me this incredible Hex N More ruler! I had seen it but put off buying it. She must have read my mind!

Maryrose also bought me this spray. I've wanted to try it since pin basting is so tedious! I can't wait to see how it works. Thank you so much, Maryrose!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I know I did! I can't wait to try out all my new stuff!!

6 comments:

  1. No doubt you have been a good girl this year! :) Lovely Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have lots of fun with all that quilty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend on enjoying all my gifts! Hope you had a great holiday!

      Delete
  3. Wow you received some sweet hand made and quilting or knitting useful gifts! Everyone knows your heart! Hoe you had a very Merry Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great holiday. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Joanie!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...