Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Scroll Flower Week #4


I couldn't wait! I started machine quilting the scroll flower on the quilt I spray basted last week. I'm using a variegated 40 weight Superior thread. I am using Bottom Line in the bobbin. I'm very happy with the results!

I was afraid that the spacing would be an issue but it's fine if I keep the stems on the short side.
It's also nice using a variegated thread on different fabrics. The contrast is low and hard to see any problem areas. I think this pattern quilts very quickly also. It's a pleasure to sit down and work up the pattern at a nice pace.


Here's a close up. I'm not sure what I'll be quilting in the borders. I'd like to try something a little different. I'll be linking up to Amy's Free Motion Quilting Adventures. This is our last linky for this month as well as for the scroll flower. It's been a fun month. Amy is starting something new next month. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us! 

P. S. So far the spray basting is working out great! No puckers and no pins to take out. However, I will blog about it once I'm done the entire quilt and really get the quilting going. It's still too early to say much.

6 comments:

  1. Oh what pretty colors in your quilt and that quilting really stands out and is gorgeous. What wonderful strides you've made in your machine quilting! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still need lots of practice but I'm getting there!!

      Delete
  2. The variagated thread is a smart idea on such a colorful quilt. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The variegated thread hides mistakes really well too!!

      Delete
  3. Well done - this looks great!!!! I'm not sure I'm gong to get the time to do more scroll flower practise this week, but love that I have it in my repertoire! It looks like that thread was the perfect choice for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to find this thread in my thread box. I got sick of practicing and decided to just "do it"!! I wonder what Amy has in store for us in May. Will have to wait and see!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...